Sally | Oct 23, 2018 | 0
My Ten Best Posts of 2016
So before we go swinging into 2017 I thought it might be nice to look back at my ten most popular posts of the past year – including some olden but golden posts from years past that are still proving pretty popular.
What’s really interesting about this (if you’re a bit of a nerd, like me) is how posts that were written two, three and more years ago are still among my top-performing content because they’re pretty evergreen, and well ranked in search.
My post about the Warner Bros Studio tour, for example, was originally published in 2013, but still brings around 500 visits a day to my site. My goal for 2017 is to get some of my newer posts performing as well as that post!
So it’s well worth investing time in making sure those useful, evergreen posts you write are well-written and have the proper SEO added to them!
Anyway, in reverse order, here’s what people visiting Who’s the Mummy were reading in 2016:
- 40 More Box Sets to See Before you’re 40, Part 1 (11,746 page views)
- 40 Box Sets to See Before You’re 40, Part 2 (11,756 page views)
- 5 Questions to ask when Choosing a Primary School (11,768 page views)
- Things to do at Disneyworld Florida when you’re 7 (12,835 page views)
- 10 Best Box Sets on Sky TV 2016 Edition (12,901 page views)
- 5 Things not to do at a Smear Test (15,609 page views)
- 40 Box Sets to See Before You’re 40 (18,384 page views)
- Top Tips for Winter Trips to Disneyland Paris (16,317 page views)
- 20 Movies from the 80s Your Kids Will Love (139k page views)
- Top Tips for Days Out at the Harry Potter Studios (143k page views)
Here’s what my list shows me:
- People love reading about box sets
- People love reading tips for days out at specific attractions (more than destinations)
- People love a good list post.
What are your top performing posts? Do they have similar trends?