There are loads of things I love about Flea. She's a crazy perfectionist, and never does anything until she's sure she can do it perfectly. She can't sleep unless one leg is hanging out of the bed. She's obsessed with being a boy and since I bought that six pack of sports socks, she hasn't worn anything else apart from her "boy PE socks".
But most of all, I just love talking to her. At four years old, kids just have a naturally surreal outlook on the world that makes me laugh like a drain.
We unexpectedly had a weekend together this week, after The Father had to cancel, and rather than moaning about all the work I had to do, I thought I'd make a note of 10 brilliant things Flea said to me this weekend:
- You were a little bit grouchy just then. Have you got anything you'd like to say to me about that?
- That wasn't very good sharing on the biscuits, Mummy.
- We've got no brioche for breakfast. I suppose I will have to have pain au raisin.
- Guess what my favourite word is to say. It starts with 'a'. What do you think it is?
- Which do you prefer: money or food?
- It wasn't me, it was the magic man. No, you can't see him. Because he's magic.
- Oh, yes, I got a merit certificate. What for? Oh, just being super, I think.
- My favourite sort of kisses are when you lick someone's face like a dog. Me and Max do that.
- You want to share my brownie? Is that actually a joke?
- It's a really good idea that you put a photo of my Christmas list on your computer, Mummy. Because when Santa checks his email, he will know what I want.