Five things I’ve learned today:
- The universe has a twisted sense of humour. So, I posted last week about my paranoia that Flea would choke to death on a piece of apple skin. And this morning, Flea choked on a piece of apple skin. Fortunately, I was sitting next to her at the time and was able to do some back slaps and get it out, but good grief – we’re so going back to peeling them tomorrow.
- There is something on earth more painful than standing on Lego in bare feet. It’s called “standing on a Playmobil sword”. Ouch.
- Never accept a first offer. So when the council rang and said I had four parking fines totalling almost £1,000, I completely panicked and said the first thing that popped into my head. Which was: “Oh bugger. Really? What’s your best offer for cash?” Which was a joke, but turned out the council quite likes cash and I saved £700 in the process.
- The required size of an image in a blog sidebar is always 10 pixels LESS than the size you just painstakingly made the JPG.
- Going to the cinema and throwing popcorn at idiot 12 year olds who talk through the movie is SO much more fun when you’re a couple in your 30s and therefore completely above suspicion. Also: what were a bunch of 12 year old boys DOING at a showing of The Proposal? Weirdos.